Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 27th Lunch

March 27th,

I don't know if it's the bad weather, but I've had a horrible headache all day.

Very unpleasant.

Anyway, lunch:

The other day I bought tuna; the ara of the tuna.

Ara (or アラ) is the left over parts of the fish after all the main parts have been cut away and usually you cook it rather than eat it raw.  You can eat it raw if you are careful in the preparation and what part you use.

It can also have a more fishy smell/taste than other parts.  So I first boiled mine in a mixture of water and cooking sake before I cooked it nice and slowly in soy sauce and ginger.  Marinating or first boiling/steaming it in sake will help to get rid of the fishyness.

I also perfected the poached egg!  Finally!!





Beautiful, no?  I knew it would just take me practice.

I used it and the tuna to make today's lunch.




I call it my AraAra-don.

It was yummy~.




Poached eggs are golden gooey globs of yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment