Monday, April 21, 2014

April 18th Lunch

April 18th

For surviving the winter in Japan, many people spend it sitting in a kotatsu.

What's a kotatsu.

It's basically a low table (where you sit on the floor) and there's a thick blanket in between the table top and it's base and there is a heater underneath so that the toasty warmness is trapped under the blanket.  It's heaven AND A TRAP!  Because you're so comfy that you don't want to leave, not to cook food, not to go to the bathroom, and not to got to bed.

I own a kotatsu.  But I just put it away because it's spring!  And wouldn't you know it, it gets chilly again.... but don't want to set it up again.

Anyway... lunch!



Chicken Chips and Panzella


I made my croutons for my Panzella out of English muffins.  It made it crispy on the outside and slightly chewy on the inside.  I loved it but if you like your croutons with nothing but crunch maybe use another bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment